Monday, February 18, 2008

Yarn weekend update

The yarn weekend was awesome to say the least!! Friday night at Knitter's Night Out was great fun with my new knitting friends, Kim and Gretchen, and my best friend Mz. Knitting at Heavenly Creations Fiber Arts was followed by a late dinner at Noodles. This was my first visit to Noodles and I liked it a lot. I didn't order any noodles though (I had eaten shortly before going to the yarn shop), but we all shared what we ordered so I did get to taste some. I will definitely be visiting them again!

Saturday was our little knitting circle that's composed of me, Mz, and my mom, sometimes we let the kids tag along too. We met at Mz's house this month. She had some awesome snacks and my favorite beer (the only beer in Creation that I will drink) Miller Chill, and her neighbor, Sue jumped on the bandwagon. Little did we know that we were in for hours of laughs and some knitting and eating in between. My mom works at an adult day care center and apparently has some of the raunchiest co-workers ever! She shared with us the highly personal, inappropriate for work, stories of these young ladies sex lives and we were all on the floor laughing at Mom's reactions! My mom is not usually the best storyteller, but she was on that night! That was one of the best times we've had together. It was really nice for me because I got to go with NO KIDS! They all stayed home with dad this time.

Sunday was another really fun time! Once again we (me and best friend Mz) met up with our new knitting friends, Gretchen, Kimberly and Lori. This time we went to Bucca di Beppo's for lunch. Bucca's is a great place to eat! I love the family style meals. That means that I eat way more than I should of course, but so does everybody else so I don't feel so bad! Anyway, after stuffing ourselves with really good food and (two?) bottles of wine, we made our way over to Nationwide Arena for the hockey game and Sticks n Stitches. Now this was my first time to such an event and it was great fun to watch the game and see so many people knitting. I also met a lot of Ravelry.com friends which was really great! We knitted squares for Warm Up America, we ate (they gave us free food!), we watched the game, a fun time was had by all. I was a lucky door prize winner, unfortunately I won something I already owned. I still wouldn't have changed a thing, we had a really good time. I would've finished my square but I was too busy talking and walking around and of course eating.

I've heard some talk about a Pitch n Stitch event coming up when baseball starts up again. I don't even like baseball, but it would be really fun to go and meet up with a bunch of knitter's again. I'll post an update when I hear one.

All in all, I had one of the best weekends I've had in a while. It was great fun and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: